Colectica announces availability of Colectica R5
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - December 20, 2010
- Colectica, a leading data management consultancy, today announced an update to Colectica®, its suite of modern metadata management tools compatible with leading open standards including the DDI3 and ISO 11179.
- Colectica R5 adds new features to more easily generate, organize, and automatically document survey, census, and other public use datasets. Colectica is once again offering unmatched enterprise solutions for organizations wishing to embrace the open standards and open data movements.
- The new Colectica Express Edition lets individual researchers begin managing statistical data using open standards today. It provides an attractive entry point to open data management along with a well defined upgrade path to more advanced Colectica Repository-based data management in the future.
- Colectica Designer has been updated in Colectica R5 to provide more workflow options in conjunction with Colectica Repository. The Colectica Designer is a rich desktop application that integrates many tasks performed by survey researchers and statistical agencies. It encompasses survey design, survey development, and data documentation driven using open data standards.
- The Colectica Repository included in Colectica R5 now features relationship tracking among registered items. The Repository allows for organization wide management of metadata following an ISO 11179 model using its built in version control, provenance tracking, role based authentication, and new relationship and state management.
- Colectica Web, a Web 2.0 application, has been updated in the Colectica R5 release. Colectica Web can be used to disseminate an organizations published metadata or used by authenticated researchers working on a study. Colectica Web also allows data users to interact socially to enhance the data discovery process.
- "The Colectica Platform is an ideal solution for statistical agencies, survey research groups, public opinion research, data archivists, and other data centric collection operations that are looking to increase the expressiveness and longevity of the data collected through standards based metadata documentation. Colectica products, training, and customized solutions are available through www.colectica.com ."
Launched in 2010, Colectica® is the fastest way to design, document, and publish statistical research using Open Data standards. The Colectica Platform is an ideal solution for statistical agencies, survey research groups, public opinion research, data archivists, and other data centric collection operations that are looking to increase the expressiveness and longevity of the data collected through standards based metadata documentation. The company offers a range of highly specific products and services designed to give power to people through easy integration and access to data.
Colectica is a registered trademark of Colectica and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.